Monday, February 4, 2013

The First One

The California-fication of Miss Erica Leigh Huls


Episode 1: It's Time
Date: February 7, 2013


As someone who has always loved being organized, active (aka busy) and scheduled (down to the hour if possible) these last few months have been a struggle for me. No amount of planning can prepare you for the reality of moving half-way across the country. I envy those people who can just pick-up-and-go (as several of you reading this blog have done in your own lives). Alas, I am not one of those people.

I will be leaving on Thursday, February 14th at 9am with one of my mom's best girlfriends as my navigator. Our first destination? Mesa, AZ where my mom and dad are staying for the winter. Phoebe is a great packer, driver and friend so the two 15-hour days are sure to go faster than if I were alone.  We will be driving my Equinox with several suitcases, cameras and computers in tow-- as well as Sheba and all of her cat things.  The goal is to get to Mesa, AZ by the evening of the 15th so as not to traumatize my furry baby more than necessary.

Phoebe's husband, Dave, will follow a few days later with many of my most important bins of things (the rest will stay in Minnesota until I have a permanent place in California and can pay professional movers to move them there). We'll exchange Phoebe for my bins on Monday the 18th and the two love-birds will continue onto L.A. to visit their son, daughter-in-law and grandkids while I stay in Arizona for another week or so getting Sheba acclimated to her new "temporary" home, catching up with Lee & Bev, and enjoying some sun/exercise.


One week to go...


Stuff

1 comment:

  1. So excited for your adventure! As a fellow midwestern girl who is now on a coast, it is an amazing journey and I can't wait to follow yours. :)

    ReplyDelete