Tuesday, March 12, 2013

406 N Raymond Ave

Greetings from 406 N Raymond!

Finally.  [Huge Sigh]  Almost exactly one month ago today I had all of my things packed and organized for the big move.  As of yesterday, I can honestly say I am "moved".  Settled. Organized. Home.

The last two weeks have been a blur.

Job:  {Edited to protect the innocent}

....


Home:  I got the call last Tuesday that my things from Minnesota may be arriving as soon as Thursday the 7th! I immediately called Bev & Lee and asked how soon they could get here (thank goodness they stay in Arizona during half of the year now. Only a 6-hour drive away!).  They agreed they would arrive Wednesday night (with SHEBA!) and that way could be there to help unload and start getting the house set up. 

Sheba did GREAT leaving the Arizona house and traveling the final 6 hours to her new home in Pasadena.  She's a true world traveler now.  The best part for me is that she really bonded with "Grandma and Grandpa"!  My mom would sing to her just like she sings to her REAL grand-baby Tristan and toward the end she even let my dad pet her head every once in awhile.  It was such a relief to get her here and see how much she's "grown". 

New Friends

Exploring a new space (ANY new space!)

Thank goodness for family is all I can say.  No matter how old you get you will always need your parents. The three of us spent Thursday, Friday and almost all day Saturday shopping, moving, building, cleaning, shopping some more and unpacking.  It was truly exhausting.   But, just as I had "envisioned", practically everything was done, hung and up-and-running by the time Bev & Lee left on Sunday morning at 6:30am to head back to Arizona.   I'm still waiting on two final pieces which should arrive in the next week and then I will post a new YouTube video showing off all of our hard work.

Perhaps the coolest thing happened on Sunday when I discovered (by accident through Facebook) that one of my old friends from London was actually IN L.A. for a conference!  We connected via FB and discovered we had about 4 hours of free overlapping time that Sunday to get together and see the beach etc. and then I offered to drop him at LAX to catch his return flight.

It was just another example of all roads leading to LA for this girl.  How many other places could I live in this country (besides maybe New York) where I'm going to be able to "accidentally" (or on purpose) run into so many of the fabulous friends I've made over the years from all over the world?

So. That is all for now. I am tired and need to sleep.  My love to you all.  And for those of you still in the "tundra" keep the faith. It's almost over for another year ;)  And, of course, you know you always have a couch in Cali anytime you need to escape.

Enjoying a "Hook" burger after some shopping





Dad does better BEHIND the camera ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment